Thursday, October 10, 2013

Telling The World

Sharing Our News

Today was another big day for us. Today is the day this blog went public and also the day we told everyone that is in our lives. The responses I have already received  have been so positive and encouraging. We also went and made an account at BECU for Colton aka "Colton Restad Benevolent Account" and we made a "GoFund" webpage that deposits donations directly into that account. I will include the link in this post. It was really nerve-racking to send that message. It's just so much easier for me to write feelings and thoughts than it is to make phone calls. I also don't like feeling like I am coming across as "needy". However when it comes to Colton there is NOTHING I wouldn't do for my son. 

On another note:

Last night my husband and I watched a wonderful movie about Autism called "Loving Lampposts". I highly recommend it. It may not be the way some parents of autistic children view autism but it reverberates much of the feelings and thoughts I have on it. I totally find myself feeling the same way as the people and parents involved with the "neurodiversity" movement. I believe the best way I can personally advocate for my son is by total acceptance and by not searching for a "cure" but searching for a way to make my son more comfortable in the world. My only job is to be Coltons mother, teacher,comforter,protecter and advocate. 

I end this with my thanks to you, those who have taken the time to read my thoughts and feelings and to those who have chosen to join us on our "journey". I couldn't find continual strength through this if it wasn't for you. 

http://www.gofundme.com/4qq4g8 

No comments:

Post a Comment